There are 3 things you need to do to start homeschooling.

  1. Withdraw your child from the public school system by going to your student’s school district office.
  2. Hand them the Declaration of Intent Form found in our resources menu. Use the form from HSLDA’s website as it’s the least amount of legal information the school needs from you.
  3. Get Connected with a group of homeschooling moms to help you navigate curriculum choices. There’s three groups in the Wenatchee Valley. Columbia Christian Homeschool Co-op, Classical Conversations, and Valley Academy. You don’t have to do any of these groups to homeschool, but a good portion of the families out there have enjoyed great benefits of one or more of these organizations!

There are two great websites that will greatly assist you in your journey:    HSLDA is the best organization for advocating for homeschoolers. Their website is also a great resource for legal requirements. The second site is  This site is specific to Washington State.