New to Homeschooling?

There are 3 things you need to do to start homeschooling.

  1. Withdraw your child from the public school system by going to your student’s school district office.
  2. Hand them the Declaration of Intent Form found in our resources menu. Use the form from HSLDA’s website as it’s the least amount of legal information the school needs from you.
  3. Get Connected with a group of homeschooling moms to help you navigate curriculum choices. There are three groups in the Wenatchee Valley. Wenatchee Christian Homeschool Co-op, Classical Conversations, and Valley Academy. You don’t have to join any of these groups to homeschool, but a good portion of the families out there have enjoyed great benefits from one or more of these organizations!

There are a couple of websites that will greatly assist you in your journey:

HSLDA is the best organization for advocating for homeschoolers. Their website is also a great resource for legal requirements.

WHO or Washington Homeschool Organization is another website that will help you in your homeschool journey. This site is specific to Washington State.

Christian Heritage is another great website for homeschooling families. They host an annual homeschool conference every spring with great speakers and many vendors. They also have an online parent qualifying course for those parents who don’t meet Washington’s minimum qualifications.

Five Flavors of Homeschooling Video

Co-Op Resources

Although this is a long read, it’s important you know and understand how the co-op functions, if you plan to attend WCHC. All families are required to read this before registering for WCHC.

Please fill out the subject information and return to a current Board Member.

Homeschooling Resources

Declaration of Intent Form

This form is what every homeschooling family with a child 8 years or older needs to turn in at the beginning of each school year. It’s that simple to get started in homeschooling!

WHO Parent Qualifying Course

The law pertaining to qualifying courses, 28A.225.010(4) states: …if such activities are: (b) Provided by a parent who is instructing his or her child only and who has either earned forty-five college level quarter credit hours or its equivalent in semester hours or has completed a course in home-based instruction at a postsecondary institution or a vocational-technical institute.

Christian Heritage Parent Qualification Online Course

Investigating or beginning homeschooling? Want to re-evaluate, refresh, & tune up your approach? Or need to meet state requirements? This 10-hour, Online Video Course is for you — and it meets the requirements for a Parent Qualifying Course!

    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop